Too / either; so am I / neither do I

When you want to say that you do the same, you can use too or so am I
I’m happy. – I’m happy too.
I’m happy. – So am I.

I enjoyed the film. – I enjoyed it too.
I enjoyed the film. – So did I.

She’d work in bank. – He would work too.
She would work in bank. – So would he.

When you want to say that you don’t do the same, you can use either or neither do I
I’m not married. – I’m not married either.
I’m not married. – Neither am I (= nor am I)

He hasn’t got a key. – She hasn’t got a key either.
He hasn’t got a key. – Neither has she (= nor has she)

She can’t cook. – He can’t cook either.
She can’t cook. – Neither can he (= nor can he)

See more:

Show all English Grammar lessons

Языковой детонатор - книга о естественных законах изучения иностранных языков. Как лекго выучить любой язык за 9 месяцев. Читать бесплатно!
❤️DONATE❤️